D800E amateur thoughts

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
benjaminblack
Contributing MemberPosts: 514Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E amateur thoughts-- Really nice Post!
In reply to RBFresno, Jul 3, 2012

I really enjoyed your post. I thought it was very insightful and honest. In fact, I would say your post is the complete opposite of the nonsensical techy posts, such as those made by Ming Thein. I usually enjoy techy posts because I'm a geek, but commenters like Ming really bother me. Let me briefly explain.

There are literally tens of thousand of photographers who make their living shooting Nikon gear and they deliver incredible images. I'm talking about Pulitzer Prize winning images that capture the human condition. And these photographers never shoot tests charts. They never say things like "the D800 outresolves Nikon's entire lens lineup." Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming they don't care about gear. I'm pointing out that pros all over the world are using D800's with "focus issues" and lenses that do not resolve on the D800. And their results are breathtaking. Forums and blogs be darned.

Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You just go and shoot and enjoy the results. And frankly your results are good. Some techy would tell you to stop using the 50 1.8 on the D800, but obviously it renders great results! Regarding the 60 micro, I have that lens and it's a dream with the D800! An absolute dream.

I hope to see more posts like this, where people go out and shoot images that matter to them.

benjaminblack's gear list:benjaminblack's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow