Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nevada-is-HOME
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
2012 Extreme Beach Sports Festival
Jul 3, 2012

I love this place for sports / outdoor photography -- Reno, NV..

Just last week, Reno, NV held the US Open Womens Bowling Championships (Finals) outdoors under the Reno Arch and at twilight. Yes I got pictures.

Then a few days later.. neighboring Sparks, NV held its inaugural Extreme Beach Sports Festival.. featuring EVP (Extreme Volleyball Professionals) and Watercraft competitions.

The sitting water crafts were outfitted up to 500 hp and are capable of achieving up to 70 mph and the stand up version close to 50 mph.

Additionally, there were two major July 4th weekend U19 baseball tournaments.

Pictures shot with Sony A100 and Sony A550 (not exactly sports cameras) with kit lens so improvements to the images will be obvious if a Canon 7D was used.

Note.. I used Corel Paintshop Pro X2 "clarify" option to add some HDR depth.. but I don't know if I like the end results.

Am I bad.. as a test basis.. I used the object carver from one picture and pasted the image to the final image.

Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow