Equipment INVENTORY software?

Started Oct 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
Tanguero
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: Equipment INVENTORY software?
In reply to Timzee, Jul 3, 2012

I need something similar to the previous poster. But I'm coming from it from a slightly different angle. I need to inventory my gear but as a part of an overall scheme to manage my still/video business.

My first thought was in fulfilling a need to create a shot log database and, of course, gear used in a given shot was part of the scenario. (Seems that once you start to break these things down, they become more complex than at first thought.)

I've begun developing a database in Filemaker Pro 12 and I'm on the precipice: do I move forward and spend more time and energy than I ever imagined in creating a full-blown system or do I continue to look for a simple piece of software out there to answer my needs for inventory?

If I move forward and develop a bespoke application, I'd want it to be generic enough (I know, it borders on oxymoronic but I'm a fit of contradictions.) that I could sell it to make enough to pay for my development expenses. Perhaps, even turn a profit. (Novel idea!)

That brings me to you. If you have such a need for a product of this type and are willing to wait for a few to several months — this isn't my primary gig. I'm a photographer/filmmaker, remember — would you be willing to share what you need in such a product? Or simply make some cogent suggestions? Either way, you input would be much appreciated.

That's all I got. Thanks for your attention.

Tanguero's gear list:Tanguero's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(NT)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow