Any Aussie EM5 buyers got their bonus adapter yet?

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Co
Senior MemberPosts: 1,566
Like?
Any Aussie EM5 buyers got their bonus adapter yet?
Jul 2, 2012

Just curious how others are getting on, I was the first buyer in Hobart and lodged my claim straight away, first problem was you could not get it sent to a PO box but it had to be delivered personally to a home address ( very handy for folks in isolated places like us or who are at work , perhaps they deliver to work places?)

Anyway lodged the paper work and discover there is a 6 week delay expected before receipt of goods , great except in 6 weeks time we are on holiday 1600 km away from home .

I got a phone call letting me know they could not find me so I told them the holiday address , now I am waiting for a delivery man to try to find us here , good luck on that ! I won't go into reasons but it is not easy I promise you especially as we are out most of the time traveling and there will be no one at the physical address to receive and sign for the darn thing.

It makes me wonder why on earth companies cannot supply the "free" gifts at the point of sale surely it is not so hard to arrange , or to at least allow it to be delivered to a PO box ? Why does it have to be signed for etc is it the royal jewels or of national security importance .

Sometimes I think companies do this to discourage people claiming the things they offer , what starts off as gesture of goodwill goes somewhat sour when they do it this way IMHO . With my track record it will get lost or put in the too hard box

The costs incurred by Olympus to deliver it to me would be almost greater than the cost of the goods if they miss me here also

Daft thinking all round!
oh well it gives me something to complain about

Ron

Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow