szlevi
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Keep on dreaming
In reply to marike6, Jul 2, 2012

marike6 wrote:

texinwien wrote:

marike6 wrote:

Why is it so hard for everybody to believe that the 16 mp LiveMOS sensor in the E-M5 (the name should be a tip off) is the exact same sensor as the GX1/G3?

Look at the images in the DPR comparison tool (in raw) and they are nearly identical (except for some raw cooking from the E-M5) to the GX1's images. Practically the same in every way except 1/3 to 1/2 a stop better low-light performance from the E-M5.

Well, I think these may not be the best conditions to compare the sensors. Rather, underexpose and push the shadows to an extreme amount to see where they go.

In tests I've seen where this has been done, the E-M5 photos look nothing like the ones taken with a Panasonic sensor. They look much closer to the NEX-7, and the noise has a very similar quality to D800 images processed the same way.

I would like to see this, as all the lifted shadows images I've seen in these very forums looked similar to the GX1.

Anything I've seen here looked totally different from any Panasonic.

There was even a thread on here a day or two ago about E-M5 banding when lifting the shadows. I have a D800 and there's no banding with fill light is applied in LR.

And I have an OM-D and there's no banding either... see? You keep making up stuff, that's the problem.

-- hide signature --

http://instagr.am/p/JvSMWFBYyl
(Now you cannot say I don't have a single pic! :P)

szlevi's gear list:szlevi's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow