Which would you keep - EP3 or X100?

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Re: Which would you keep - EP3 or X100?
In reply to papillon_65, Jul 2, 2012

Tough call, am not sure what I would do, OMD is more of what you like in a m43 body. X100 is a unique experience all together. Me, I couldn't live with the fixed 35mm, so it's more of a luxury item, for display and bringing out on warm summer days? The ep3 provides you with a back-up body, the X100 well it will also be available if you want one? I'd sell the X100 you'll miss it not being around but the memory will fade and you'll smile when you think about the fun days you had, you know where this is going!

papillon_65 wrote:

I have a real dilemma, I'm buying the OM-D but I need to sell another camera to cover the cost. The cameras in question are the EP-3 or the X100. I love both these cameras for different reasons. The EP3 has a lot to like about it, touch screen focusing, digital level, fast focusing etc etc. The X100 has that lovely ovf/evf, excellent flash capability and is just a lovely (if not quirky) camera overall. The tech specs will tell you that the X100 edges the EP3 on IQ but at base ISO (where I mostly shoot) the EP3 is no slouch IMHO. At higher ISO's it's a no contest, the X100 is clearly better. I have a feel for which way I'm likely to go but I'm interested in how other people see it and why?
--
Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EP3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow