Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sigma Nick
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Sigma Lenses non slip "coating"
Jul 1, 2012

I can't get a straight answer from Sigma on this question. Does any Sigma users have some sort of answer...

Sigma lesnes normally have a gritty non slip texture to the outside lens barrel. I've noticed on the newer recently released lenses like the 105 f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM and the 180 f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM and possibly the 100-300 f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM They are smooth barrel lenses and do not have that 'nonslip' coating.

I have also noticed that some really older lenses don't have the coating either.

The question I have is this... has Sigma discontinued the 'non slip' exterior coating on lenses that formerly had the coating? Example the 50 f/1.4 EX DG HSM I have see the exact same lens with the coating and now they seem to be smooth. The 70-300 f/4-5.6 APO DG is the same way... some have the coating and some are smooth. I only ask because I HATE THE GRITTY COATING!

Does anyone else find it annoying that Sigma, a photo imaging company has a website with crap pictures of their products! They should have 360' views and large hi res detailed pictures of the products they are selling... I mean c'mon stand behind your products and show them off! Get an frigin SD1 and take some professional product shots! #SORRYFORTHERANT

Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow