Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deus26
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Canon Powershot G1X + 250D (Macro)
Jul 1, 2012

I posted this one on the Canon Talk forum and thought I'd share it here too. This is my first time shooting macro.

While surfing the net, I spotted this moth behind me and first thing that comes to mind is to try my 250D. I've been very busy with work and this is the first time I've used it on real subject. I'm in the low light area of our house so I used my flash. All pictures were taken with flash, handheld and Tv mode.

The picture below was taken with flash bouncing off the wall.

This one below was taken with flash directly pointing at the moth. I used the built-in diffuser and the bounce card because my gear is just inches away from the subject. You'll see the difference between this and the previous version by looking at the left and right side, they're lighter and the details on the wood he's holding on to is much clearer.

Then I flipped my camera sideways placing the flash on my left. This created, for me, a "night outdoors" effect.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with this filter. My 500d is great and this one is even better. The two complement my G1 X.

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow