Oly or Kodak...??

Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pete_CSCS
Senior MemberPosts: 2,971Gear list
Like?
Mike
In reply to Spiridakis Michael, Jul 1, 2012

Spiridakis Michael wrote:

Hi Pete I know about the huge differences in color rendering between Pany and Oly... but what is very difficult for me to believe is that the sensor is the main reason - I think that the microchips called xxxengines are responsible for the rendering depending on the experience and knowledge of each company...

As far as I know there are key differences Between Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus Kodak...

I agree.

Sony seems to me to be a cheap replicate of Canon,

I've noticed similarities between Canon & Sony color rendition.

Nikon are very close to Kodak but one canot say that they are cheap...

An Oly E-3 user on the Oly SLR forum bought a D300 when it came out but was constantly frustrated at the greens it produced. He felt that the Nikon could never get the greens right.

My simple Kodak would get compliments on the greens it produced on the same forum perhaps showing the similarity in the Kodak and Oly color.

Fuji managed to have a clear signature in color rendering and we all have to say its unique...

Yes.

Panasonic for me is not working at all, and Olympus is so f@# ^ing close to Kodak that one can say they are identical...

That's not a bad thing.

Thats why I suspect a technology transfer from one company to another given that the first Olympus had Kodak sensors.... But still I don't believe that is a matter of sensors.

The processing engines do make a big difference.

You might want to post your question on the MicroFourThirds forum for other responses.

Best of luck with your new camera!

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)

Stay Well,
Pete K.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)

Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PeteNew
MikeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow