ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RocketScientist90
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Camera bag that can also hold a laptop and some clothes
Jul 1, 2012

Dear all,

Lately I've been looking for a new camera bag for travelling and the weekends. I currently have to carry 2 backpacks if I want to be able to take both my normal stuff (clothes and laptop) and a camera gear with me. Cycling with two bags on a mountainbike is just a no-go for me. So I hope you maybe have some suggestions for an alternative.

What I would like to take with me:

• Nikon D3100

• Nikon 35mm 1.8 AF-s

• Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF-s

• Samyang 85mm 1.4 AE ( about the size and weight of the nikon counterpart)

• Tokina 12-24 F4

• Tamron 70-200 F2.8

I normally also carry a film body, but I could leave that out :).

With that, I should also be able to pack a 15" laptop (Dell Latitude E6500 with and extending battery pack. Sometimes it fits in the 15" sleeves, sometimes it doesnt, depending on the make) + charger.

And some clothes for the weekend. So that would be a pair of paints, a sweater and some underwear and socks.

So far, I failed to find any bag with the known brands that can hold this.
The only bags I did find are the F-stop bags:

• F-stop Tilopa + Pro ICU Medium [ 280 euro]

• F-stop Loka + Pro ICU Medium [ 230 euro]

The Loka does fit everything, but the laptop sits right to the outer layer of the bag, offering no protection. The Tilopa has a 17" laptop sleeves in which I feel a bit more comfortable carrying it.

To me the brand was a little less known, so for those that dont know it either: http://www.fstopgear.com
(No spamming intended).

I think the 280 euro for the Tilopa is a bit steep and I wonder if you have any alternatives for me?

Your suggestions and ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks!

Roy

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow