ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brightcolours
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,093
Like?
****** Mini-Challenge 333 - Classical Elements******
Jul 1, 2012

This Challenge

Thanks to RAYoung to like my "red riding jacket" enough to let me host this next mini-challenge.

I pondered on many challenge ideas.. Like "Change of perspective", to show whatever subject in a different perspective... But this may limit the number of people who can/will participate, as not everyone has the same creative ideas and/or equipment to come up with what I would consider a different perspective. Maybe another time.

Or "Red", as red is a strangely emotional colour that loves to stand out. But not everyone is as colour oriented as others.

So, after some more pondering, I have come up with a very wide subject, to which many will be able to participate, and which should yield some interesting entries and gives a lot of freedom for creativity: the classical elements.

There can be many interpretations to what the classical elements are, depending on which civilization we take as guide. But I choose the four elements:

• Wind (air)

• Water

• Earth

• Fire

You guys and girls are quite free in interpreting these elements, so be creative. And if you do not have any photo that you feel will stand a chance, get creative as you have a whole week still and the subject is very wide!

Only thing I ask is that it should be quite clear to which element the photo is referring to. Of course, you are also allowed to show photos which clearly show more than one of the elements.

I will show some examples in the next post, which are not meant to be leading, but just to give a start of ideas.
This challenge will close on Sunday, July 8th at 12PM midnight GMT+1.

Standard Rules

The host gives you a topic of interest. You post a maximum of three images. Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo (because we like to know).

Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want people to give you constructive criticism, ask for C&C.

The host chooses the winner. The host's decision is final. The host is not eligible.

The winner then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person. The winner has 48 hours to post the new challenge. If that doesn't happen 2nd place has 24 hours to do so, and if that doesn't happen it's up to the 3rd place winner.

Posting Guidelines

When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your picture titles and/or your name. This way, when someone replies it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: * Mini-Challenge xxx * …" it would be very boring to scan the list.

Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).

You may enter up to 3 pictures, but put them in a single post. Please give a title to each photo, this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Please size your photo no bigger than around 1200 pixels on the longest dimension. This is to let those with smaller monitors to see your image at full resolution. Please limit the file size of your entries to conserve bandwidth.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

Some Previous Mini-Challenges
308 Show me the Light
309 In The Park
310 Real Life
311 Holiday Traditions
312 Sing-A-Long
313 Show Me Where You Live
314 Reflection
315 Nightlife
316 Landscapes
317 Action Shots
318 Multicolor
319 Serenity now
320 B&W at its best
321 Show Us Your Gear
322 That Reminds Me...
323 Shadows and Light
324 Part of the Whole
325 Lifeboat
326 Signs of Spring
327 Amazing Feets
328 Macro
329 Candid
330 Great sport
331 Perfect Shot - Imperfect conditions
332 Openings
333 Classical Elements

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow