Started Jun 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stof
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax DA 12-24mm ED AL (IF) Large file
In reply to mrdc76, Jul 1, 2012

mrdc76 wrote:

Stof wrote:

What else should I be on the lookout for? Apart from the OP who took the photo... A bit late because I paid already, equivalent of about USD600.. The (dead) palm tree on the right of the photograph is rather skew, could this be attributed to "barrel distortion" and is it natural for this lense?

The image is so small (i.e., downsampled) that it is quite difficult to tell. Post an original of an image shot at infinity distance, where everything should be in focus, and wide open preferably.

-- hide signature --

Mikko

Hi, Took this one in the morning, it will still not satisfy your request of "original image" simply because I do not know how.. there is a lot of things (photography) that I do not know about...surely I can find out the hard way, but why not just ask the question(s) on this very knowledgeable forum. Both images surely illustrate "what not to do" with this lens. I am only trying to establish if there are any obvious and serious quality issues with this particular copy. On the RAW and jpeg format a lot of CA? (Blue fringing) is noticable, especially on the leaves (left and top) In front of the rock is a red-blue haze, not sure what it is called? The shot was taken without the lense hood and handheld. Any suggestions/advice?

Stof's gear list:Stof's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow