Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shimagery
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Coolpix AW100 - condensation inside the lens
Jul 1, 2012

Rugged, weatherproof - that's what this is supposed to be.

I got mine only a few months ago, and so far I've been fairly happy with it - apart from some focusing issues, but for a point-and-shoot I didn't expect more.

Now, however, it has started to get condensation INSIDE the lens. There's no rhyme or reason to what causes this - I live in Ireland, so it's humid all the time, and not that terribly warm. I often have the camera in my hand when I'm out walking the dogs, so I figure I must sometimes hold the lens in the cup of my hand - but even when conciously trying to avoid this, it sometimes appears. A second in the hand must be enough.

Anyway, does it matter, it shouldn't have this issue! This is a supposed to be weatherproof!

The condensation is always on the top part of the lens, and takes ages to clear away.I will take this up with the manufacturer, but has anybody else had these issues?

Nikon Coolpix AW100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow