Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Komkris2000
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Hasselblad lenses on Canon 5DMK2
Jul 1, 2012

I am set to buy a Canon 5D mark2 within these few days.

Plan also to utilize my old Hasselblad lenses , the Zeiss Planar 80mm/F2.8 and Sonar 135mm/F4

I have to buy a adapter ring to mount them on the 5DMK2 body, and I will have to revert back to manual lens handling. No big deal anyway.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/...blad-lens-adapter-for-canon-eos-cameras.html

My question :

This Haselblad adapter ring does not provide the chip for focusing confirmation on the 5D screen, Handling-wise , it does not matter to me if I were to go back for manual - I am used to that anyway.

I am concerned whether the isolation by the adapter between the Haselblad lens and the 5DMK2 body is detrimental to the 5DMK2 shutter, focussing , motor array and other related electronic issues ?

My friend initially uses a Sigma lens on his old EOS1 , initially its ok but eventually it has bad effect on the EOS motor drive since it appear the Sigma lens uses the Canon battery power in a unstable way . True or not ? I dont know. This is the first time I will play with a Canon 5DMK2 specifically.

I became concerned that using my Hasselblad lenses may cause damage to the various related lens functions of 5DMK2 ie. sensor , autofocus motor drive , auto focus confirmation function et al..

Anybody can share their experiences with me ?

Thanks

Paul
pyahya@cbn.net.id

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow