HS30 Firmware update and some test pics.

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
Re: Kenn
In reply to kenn threed, Jul 1, 2012

Hi Kenn.

I've started to take a few RAW shots and began trying some PP in LR4 and Silky. I must say that this isn't one of my strong points because just about all the pics I've had a go at (apart from just adding some brightness) weren't much better than the JPG's.

Even though the HS 20/30 are a small sensor cameras they don't do a bad job of taking a photo but as we can see there are trade off's associated. If Fuji decided to better the IQ on this range I reckon they would be on a big winner.

All these photos were taken with noise reduction at standard I might move back on to low setting and do another series to see how the detail improves.

Not that is news to most on the forum but its a bit of a nightmare taking black and white or even grey and white (gulls) subjects in very bright light. One thing I did learn was not to use use spot photometry on these sort of subjects. I have some quite interesting blown out and dark shots....

Thanks for the comments.

-- hide signature --

Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow