Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
Dumber and Dumb.
Jul 1, 2012

For all that Apple do well, only a handful of projects reach the dizzy heights of the self proclaimed 'Insanely Great' goal they allegedly set themselves.

Latest candidate on the list is the life of Mobile Me.

Mobile Me gained infamy by not working on day one (causing a free 90 day extension to .mac) and then not doing what it promised, and also for Steve Jobs comeback to those brave developers who had just answered the question 'What is Mobile Me supposed to do?', to which SJ replied 'so why the f*ck doesn't it do that'.

So no surprise to see Mobile Me being withdrawn from public consumption, and yesterday was the big day, when the plug was pulled. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have gone that smoothly, with Aperture just now crashing as I close it.

Apparently it can't find mobile me any more (how strange), and insists I check, re-check and triple check that I'm supplying the right password for this now non-existent service.

Of course, it doesn't matter what password I supply, Mobile Me has gone, but poor Aperture 3.3.1 doesn't know that. Yes Apple, it looks like you are going to have to issue another bug fix update only a few days after the 3.3.1 bug fix.

I know Tim's really proud of his streamlining of the B2C process, but there are much better ways to showcase it than this amateurish nonsense.

So I nominate Mobile Me as Apple's most insanely great way to f*ck it's customers right off. From its bug ridden delayed introduction right up to its continuing death grip, even from beyond the grave.

RIP, someday, I hope

-Najinsky

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow