Newbie (D5100) user looking for a bit of help....

Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ravemirror
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Newbie (D5100) user looking for a bit of help....
Jul 1, 2012

Hello fellow Nikon enthusiasts,

I’ve owned a Nikon D5100 since last summer though it wasn’t only really up until these past 6 months that I’ve actually utilized. During this time frame I grew a love for photography, though, looking back at all my pictures I haven’t been quite too happy with my results. I know with trial and error I will learn the tricks and tools of the trade, I just would like to know what I can do to improve my shots. I always feel like I’m having trouble with determining F stops and what ISO I should be using. I’ll be taking a photography course next semester that’s in reference to my field of study (Graphic Design.) And I hope that through that class I can learn a bit more about the technicalities of photography. Though I’d like people to critique what I’m doing badly, I know this is all a learning experience.

I just feel like my shots could be 100X better. Well that’s my introduction pretty much and why I’m here, I’m going to utilize this website to the best of my abilities. So far I’ve accumulated: 18-55mm, 50mm, 35mm, and a 55-200mm (that I rarely use.) I’ve really love the prime lenses.

Recently I purchased an SB 700, though just a quick random question, what’s a cheap setup so I can fire the flash off the camera?

I’d like to produce mostly indoor portraits utilizing the one flash…after I get a hang of it of course.

Thanks for reading!

(Some of what I've shot, locations were Korea and Japan, I was in Japan attending a language school for a few months)

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow