Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,599Gear list
Like?
Re: And my conclusion
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Jul 1, 2012

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

seeing that you are posting requests for advice here and there and over there.

How many years have you been shooting (or trying to shoot) photographs? At this point you should have a pretty good idea what you want need. Asking in a particular forum all it's going to do is give you very likely a biased answer and someone else's opinion.

If you can't make up your mind by yourself on this at this point, personally, I would reflect in what you are really trying to do with photography and think about the past three years long and hard.

I think you already have all the information you need to come up with your own answer to your real question, your needs with your cash and nobody else's.

Just my humble 2 cents.

OK, not an unreasonable opinion Thanx.

But - I was somewhat confused. So - I asked (not here and there and there, but in the only two fora I regularly visit)

I am less confused now, so I thank all that made it so.

And these are my conclusions.

1. if I just make a travel for the sake of the travel and does not have special intent for photographing, I then take what I have. G10 or K-5. with whatever lenses I fancy, depending on what I want to carry.

2. But ... if I make some kind of photo safari or other photography based travel, i might buy something else. And ... currently it would probably be a Panasonic GX1 or G3.

3. The China trip is probably not a photo trip. I am not sure though. Depends on how the travelling agency is managing the excursions. But - just hurriong along among tourists is not my definition of photo trip.

Then, of course. Sometimes I just cannot stop myself from buying something. Then ... so be it. We will see if I do so. The DP2m maybe?

This is what I mean thinking about what you are trying to do photographically. If what you want is a new toy, cool. But that's not photography. Now, maybe you just want the new toy and not photography and you have the cash- hey cool.

I find making this distinction is important.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow