Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mannypr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,363Gear list
Like?
Barcardi and D300
Jul 1, 2012

At last I received my D300 from keh . Went to Barcardi plant down here in Puerto Rico to test it out with some snap shots of the Tour . Compared to the D90 I sold in order to buy this one the D300 is a totally different thing( the price differences kind of hints at this ) It's built like a Brick . Very solid feeling and weighty .

What I did noticed is the metering is very different then the metering in the D90 which tends to overexpose a bit to much when taking pics in very sunny conditions in matrix metering .I used to use the D90 in central weighted for such days of high contrast but with the D300 it's a very diferent story , in matrix it was great and if anything it errored towards underexposure when it did .

Can anyone tell me if this is so with the D300 or is it that my camera might need some adjustment (remember , even though the camera is in mint condition it does have some 26,000 clicks on it )

Here are some snap shots I took today at the Barcardi plant .

Mannypr's gear list:Mannypr's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow