Library/Catalog/Asset Management when using Capture NX2?

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tenstorms
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Library/Catalog/Asset Management when using Capture NX2?
In reply to anthony mazzeri, Jun 30, 2012

Thanks very much Billx and Anthony,

I had thought about Lightroom for just collection management but its (colour) preview and speed with many files are not so good. Maybe I should give version 4 a try.

I did miss the Photo mechanic news item!, their coming catalogue software could just be the thing! Actually I am experimenting more with Photo Mechanic at the moment with dropping multiple folders into one contact sheet which it seems to handle very well. It's simplicity is appealing, no Christmas lights I don't need. How ever the simplicity of iPhoto to very quickly make selections, book drafts etc is completely absent.

Strangely enough I have been an Aperture trainer in a past life and I completely missed or forgot it can work with other sources. I did always love aperture for it's interface and output options. Too bad I cannot use it's batch option which I remember to like as well.
Will give that a shot too.

Haha, new reasons to get back into the research. Well I do think it's worth the effort, I will work many years and many hours with it. Such a good thing you can get demo versions of everything and that is what I want to advice the original poster of this thread, download and try.

Tenstorms's gear list:Tenstorms's gear list
Canon ELPH 300 HS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow