Started Jun 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sjprg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,811Gear list
Like?
Double image in D800E
Jun 30, 2012

I think I have found a new problem with the D800E camera in that the image appears soft. As I was processing the NEFs from the camera with NX2 on a Nvidia 2000D Quadro board and they appeared soft but not out of focus. That was strange so I got a Lens Align and set it up. I took images with both a 100mm AI-s and a new 24mm F1.4 G. Both lens turned out to be in perfect focus at ISO 100 F8 but in the process I noticed the targets looked strange so I bumped them up to 400% for a closer look. It turned out to be a double image very faintly in the background slighty out of registry with the main image but also in focus.
The next step was to check in Adobe CS6. Same results.
Did this once again with DXO 7.51. Same results
OK lets try CaptureOne 6.4.1. Same results.

Next I moved to an HP EliteBook with an Nvidia 5010M Quadro board and preformed all the same test again. Same results.

I plan to also process these same test on an older machine with an AMD 4890 video board.

My next set of test will be to setup a Canon 1DS3 and run the same series of test again.

I'll keep this thread updated as I find more. I want to make sure I have covered most of the variables, but my take is that this is a firmware problem that occurs when the put the scans together. I have seen the same type of thing before in microscope scans.
Paul
--
Paul
http://www.pbase.com/sjprg

sjprg's gear list:sjprg's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow