50mm f/1.8 E Review

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,801Gear list
Like?
We are deffinately.....
In reply to El Matadurr, Jun 30, 2012

El Matadurr wrote:

It's actually not the wrong forum. I completely forgot to add a lot of points in the review pertaining to you friendly m4/3 folk.

Not friendly.

Quarrelsome would be more accurate.

Due to the crop sensor, I only post reviews in this forum on lenses that I feel would fit well with the ergonomics of m4/3 cameras. The series-E's will make their way into many posts.

Yes, I test the lenses with a NEX-7. Boo-hoo, all mirrorless cameras today do the same thing, the crop factor is just different between a few. Especially thanks to the EM-5's active IBIS, long telephotos such as the 100mm f/2.8 and 135mm f/2.8 are extremely useful.

This is not accuruate.

Legacy lenses do not work the same on u 4/3 as they do on NEX and vice versa.

However, when I get back into bigger lenses (such as my 300mm f/2.8 AI-s ED), I'll most likely not post that review here. Though, on second thought, a 600mm f/2.8 super telephoto FOV may be quite interesting to use for monopod/tripod work.

All the best,

http://matthewdurrphotography.com/

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow