Started Jun 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,121Gear list
Like?
A word of advice about the 1DX.
Jun 30, 2012

I wrote this already in a reply to another thread but feel it should be posted again, on its own, for the possible benefit of those of might not have "connected the dots."

Those of you who are in the market for a 1DX should wait a bit before taking the plunge. I know I would.

Believe me, something went terribly wrong with this camera for the carefully planed launch schedule to be botched like it was.

If it was/is a "camera related" or a "production related", only Canon can tell...and they won't since, even after the 1DMKIII AF fiasco was done with, with the camera's commercial cycle closed by the launch of the 1DMKIV Mr. Ohara-San was adamantly stating in an interview: " We don’t say our 1D Mark III had an ‘issue’ .

A few months of quarantine will reveal if whatever it was has been efficiently and durably solved.

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)

Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow