ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EJJB
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Images too light - K200d
Jun 30, 2012

Hi

I am writing this for a friend who is having problems with a Pentax K200d.

They asked me to have a look as the pictures they were shooting were "not coming out right"

They use Sigma 18-50mm & 70-300mm lenses. I had a play with the camera today, and this is what I found.

I was taking a portrait

When using the 18-50mm lens, with flash on in Auto (Green box) mode, the shutter speed is around 1/60sec. Using the 70-300mm lens the shutter speed increases to 1/180 giving a much better outcome.

When using the 18-50mm lens the background is very light - even white in some of the pictures, while the subject is exposed OK. Using the 70-300 the background is much more colourful and the subject is still correctly exposed.

They bought this camera as a first step up from a P&S and are getting frustrated as thy thought they would get much better images, but is turning out to be the other way and they are considering going back to a P&S.

One other thing, If I use the EV button and set this to -2.0 the images from the 18-50mm come out with acceptable quality.

They are mainly taking pictures of each other and landscapes.

Any ideas as to what to try to help them get on with their camera.

Thank you

Ed

Pentax K200D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow