Started Jun 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Light Pilgrim
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
5D MKIII high ISO photos
Jun 30, 2012

I m coming from 5D MKII and went out with a friend last night to see what is the practical difference between MKIII and MKII in the way I photograph (AF and high ISO). It was not to pixel peep or something, but even to understand whether I will be using the camera differently, etc

I realized that ISO 1600 is something I can use as ISO 400, very comfortable with it.

I also used ISO 2500 and ISO 3200. I think ISO 3200 is where I am still very comfortable, but not beyond it.

I cannot calculate how many more stops or fractions of a stop you gain over other cameras, but I was very impressed myself.

Also the new AF system gives a lot of flexibility when photographing people. I was tempted to do the old thing (focus&recompose), but forced myself to learn the new way and was selecting focus points to suit the composition. Great experience:-)

You can fully trust the camera- I never had this feeling before. I loved 5D MKII and I found my way around limitations, but this time I believe sky is the limit:-)

ISO 3200 :

ISO 2500 :

Light Pilgrim's gear list:Light Pilgrim's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow