ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jl123
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
A vey simple question about the XPro-1
Jun 29, 2012

According to DPR's recent review of the Xpro1 they say of its AF ability:

"But it's also a function of lens design, and the fastest-focusing lenses we've seen for mirrorless cameras use lightweight internal-focus mechanisms that can be driven quickly and accurately without consuming excessive power. Fujifilm, in contrast, has used unit focus mechanisms for the 18mm and 35mm lenses, in which the entire optical unit moves back and forwards for focusing, and an extending barrel design for the 60mm. The result is that the X-Pro1 simply can't match other mirrorless cameras for focus speed with any of its lenses."

So if I follow the roadmap of Fuji X1pro lenses coming out all of them will take the same design route as the current lenses- either utilizing "unit focus" or "extending barrel", thereby never allowing Fuji to catch up with internal focus camera's. Wow if that is so then that it is quite a design statement by fuji going forward....something to the effect of none of our interchangeable lenses camera will be built for fast focusing until we get around to designing something inherently different- maybe 2014-15 or so.

If my basic assumption is wrong please someone correct me.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow