Which lens of the Holy Trinity?

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom_Bruno
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens of the Holy Trinity?
In reply to Lisa O, Jun 29, 2012

Beyond a doubt, the 24-70 comes first. It is a superb lens, sharp and bright, and covers the most valuable range. Between the zoom and a few foot shuffles, I use it for nearly everything.

Between the other two (I have all three) I find I seldom use the 70-200. I don't shoot sports, and even though it's a wonderful lens, it's just too big to lug around for most situations. It's useful in the studio, or for outdoor portraits. I've meantime been surprised at how much I'm using the 14-24, especially on the D800. The detail from the 14-24 is at a very high level, and few other lenses, including primes, match it. In the quest to put a little novelty, a new spin on scenes, I've gotten a bit hooked on the wide angle.

About 90+ percent of the time, the 24-70 is planted on the camera. It's versatile, not terribly heavy, extremely useful, sharp and brilliant, and worth every dollar.

-- hide signature --

Tom B

Tom_Bruno's gear list:Tom_Bruno's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D800E Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow