Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miatancdan
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Nikon J1 or V1 as travel camera
Jun 29, 2012

I have been looking for best travel camera. I purchased at first Nikon P310 and returned it as felt 1/2.3" sensor too small.

Than ordered online a Olympus E-PL3 kit with 14-42 II R lens. Returned it without even opening shipping box to Henry's here in Sudbury. Did not like plastic mount on kit lenses and found out lenses in general that I might be interested in be over $400 +

I decided to read reviews on Nikon J1 and V1 to learn that picture IQ equal to most four thirds cameras and focus even better. Did not look at Nikon 1 cameras at first as I had dismissed them because of smaller sensor. Most reviewers like the picture quality and speed of Nikon 1 system but pricing to high at first.

Decided on J1 in black but missed sale at $479 by just 1 day at Best Buy

I like the electronic viewfinder on V1 but find price difference too large unless find good price. Lense build quality much better than Olympus lenses but wish there was fast primes available.

Being able to use ML3 remote that I have for D5100 is good and possibilty of using Nikkor AF-S lenses with adaptor is a advantage

How many here using J1 or V1 as second camera instead of Olympus, Panasonic four thirds system?

Dan

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Coolpix P310 Nikon D5100 Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow