ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KamilK
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Canon EF-S 10-22 not satisfactory performance
Jun 29, 2012

Hi all,

Based on many positive reviews, I have recently purchased Canon EF-S 10-22 for my 400D. I decided to buy it, even though quite high price, as it seemed to be best UW choice for crop sensor Canon cameras. Following few weeks of shooting with the lens using my 400d, I must admit that I am not satisfied at all with the performance of the lens. I am not happy with the colors that are kind of reddish/purplish (abberation??). In my opinion it also suffers from variable sharpness across the frame.

Please see below sample photos and let me know what you think. I will appreciate any comments as I am quite desparate at the moment having spent so much and not receiving the performance I have expected. As it is my first UW zoom, I was truly looking forward to shooting with that lens, however based on my experience it is not a pleasure at all. Should I return the lens as a faulty one?

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow