Library/Catalog/Asset Management when using Capture NX2?

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tenstorms
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Library/Catalog/Asset Management when using Capture NX2?
In reply to HDClown, Jun 29, 2012

Hey,

Sorry I cannot answer your question, I would like to emphasis it since I have about the same predicament.

Basically I tried them all; Lightroom, Aperture, View NX, Bridge, Capture One, iPhoto a.o. but I cannot decide on my set-up for the future. I am trying Photo Mechanic now which is a good tool but does also not fill my needs.

My workflow is to load the Jpegs in iPhoto (for AppleTV) and the NEFs in regular folders via Nikon Transfer. Processing selected files for a job, the web or a book in NX2, export to Tiff or JPEG. Print, press or web upload and throw away the exported files.

What I miss is a management tool that lets me use the NEF files as they are and not make duplicates in some kind of 'closed' DAM vault. View NX and Photo Mechanic can do that but they lack the ability to make 'aliased' selections from multiple folders.

Two simple functions and two demands I cannot seem to find in any package: Tagging and cross-folder selections with existing folders as source/storage and works with NEF files. Ah and for Mac.

Any advice is welcomed.

Tenstorms's gear list:Tenstorms's gear list
Canon ELPH 300 HS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow