EF 40 STM - my 1st impressions (sweeet) ;-)

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
photonius
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,095
Like?
Re: EF 40 STM - my 1st impressions (sweeet) ;-)
In reply to joger, Jun 29, 2012

joger wrote:

why?

Are you comparing technology from an intellectual standpoint?

I am simply comparing lenses in a similar focal length - and I am getting more and more excited - had a quick look at photo zone and the-digital-image and it looks like none of the existing lenses beats the 40 mm lens at f/4.0 - amazing!!

BTW - the TS- E 17 (being a retrofocus design) beats every Nikon wide angle lens too - even when you stitch the 14-24 to the D800E (just for the record)

I was willing to switch to the D800E and gave it a try - looks like the lenses from Canon are simply in it's own league - talking about the latest designs and some of the older ones. I am a big fan of excellent lenses!! I could not care less about the brand - and since Nikon lenses would work on Canon as well I am always looking at them because it could be a nice option.

With the given quality for the outrageous low price it will be hard to beat the new 40 mm lens - CUDOS Canon - I am unhappy with your uninspired new FF DSLR but I am delighted with the bargain 40 mm lens - looks like the 40 mm will get a classic lens like the 135 f/2.0

Just a comment on the "Nikkor 50 f/1.4 G on 24 MPixel looks like crap".

You will see pretty much all 50mm f1.4 (with relatively normal size) are not great wide open across the frame.

the 40mm f2.8 is just easier to make higher IQ, others probably can do the same, not just canon.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, time to zoom in ©

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
moreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow