Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pvdk
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
paid to much for Leica 25mm f/1.4 ?
Jun 29, 2012

Most of what you can read on the net is true. Great lens, somewhat bulky but great IQ. But fabrication quality is not good for me. I just got it today. It worked for two hours. After that it started to produce strange noises when I move the camera around. I can see the blades of the diafragma moving all the time making a harsh metallic/plastic noise, far to loud as it should be. The lens was tested in the shop, dead quiet, fast focus. But not after a while at home.

It is like a machine gun firing shots all the time and when it locks into focus it's like a cheap kit lens from a 99$ dslr.

I called the shop, they had only one in stock, so I'm stuck for a few weeks with my Canada trip coming soon. I'm pi....ed. Over 500 euros for a small prime and that is the quality I get.

Please Oly, make me a 25mm f/1.4 so I can ditch the Pany/Leica.
--
Cheers, Phil.

pvdk's gear list:pvdk's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow