ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,134Gear list
Like?
18-300mm VR got it !
Jun 29, 2012

Hello Forum !

I just got my new lens. It looks quite good, about the same weight as the 28-300mm.

It comes with a hood and with leather case and a thick manual, but its thick because it has many languages .

I will compare against the 28-300mm and against some other lenses as soon as I get back to my country. Heading back today.

The range is unbelievable, coupled with the small D5100 it may be a good one camera one lens vacation outfit. The Macro abilities are quite excellent. The Vr does not seem up to par to other vr's , but it could be my mind. I have only played with it less than 30 minutes.

Focusing is not fast and there is quite a bit of breething on the long focal length.

Flare seems very well controlled. I shot these without the hood. Will do more testing and let you know comments.

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow