Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
4thnebula
Senior MemberPosts: 1,774Gear list
Like?
Impressed With New T4i
Jun 29, 2012

I just received my new T4i. I am very impressed with the live view af speed and accuracy. I have tried out my new Canon 40mm STM as well as my Canon 17-55f2.8 IS and Canon 70-200 f4 IS with it in live view. Speed and accuracy appear to be even across the lenses (that's a surprise to me-thought the 40mm would be noticeably faster).

Please note, live view af speed is relative to previous Canon live view speeds. It is much faster that previous Canon live view I have. It is good enough for stills and landcapes. I expect the hybrid af sensors will only get better. Live view af speed is by no means the equal of my Panasonic G2 or G3. However, these are big Canon lenses with heavy elements to move. So, in perspective, I am very pleased.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Olympus PEN E-PL5 +11 more
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow