ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bluevortex
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Which Oly?
Jun 29, 2012

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice. My wife is keen to get her own camera and I was initially considering a stand alone P&S for her (i.e. Nikon Coolpix or similar). However, as I am invested in M43 (EP3) I have been looking the EPM1, EPL3 or just keep it simple all round winner XZ-1.

What do you think? She is not interested in PP or techy stuff. Just pure and simple photography with good IQ, easy to use. Other criteria would include small, stylish and nice color.

From my perspective the EPm1 14-42 (£285) seems to be the obvious choice but then that flip screen on the EPL3 (£335) is just lovely. But crucially, both are interchangeable lens cameras and might be more than she wanted?

The XZ-1 seems to be a nice all round package, particularly good in low light? Perhaps this is the better choice?

I want to keep it a surprise so don't really wish to discuss the merits of each camera with her...

Any thoughts?

Bluevortex's gear list:Bluevortex's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow