Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robbster
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
OMD + Pany 14-42X lens, good preliminary results
Jun 29, 2012

Main camera is the OMD. As I was acquiring lenses, wound up buying some discounted bundles for less than the cost of the lens alone. One of these was a GF3 + the 14-42X. Wanted to try out the the much maligned Pany 14-42X compact zoom as it is wonderfully small and on the theory several have put forward elsewhere on DPR that the blurriness is a function of an interaction between body and lens, not just lens alone.

Have done limited testing, but so far the 14-42X example I bought seems fine on my OMD . In fact, when pixel peeping, very sharp! Shot several shutter speed + 42mm FL series to cover the range reported to be most problematic (covered 1/60-1/320, all zoomed to 42mm), and no problems so far. Will definitely do more testing before making final keep/return decision, but promising.

BTW, when testing the lens on the GF3 that it came with, not nearly as sharp as on the OMD overall and across the shutter speed + 42mm FL test range, but did not get the double image folks were reporting. Hmmm...

In terms of handling, the OMD + 14-42X makes a really delightfully compact and flexible combination. We'll see through more testing if it is a keeper...

Anyone else shooting with the OMD + 14-42X combo?
--
Create the future or live someone else's. Choose wisely!

Robbster's gear list:Robbster's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +9 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow