DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,105Gear list
Like?
Re: Gnothi seauton
In reply to Archiver, Jun 29, 2012

Archiver wrote:

I honestly don't see how the estimated street price of $1000 is too expensive.

OK

The Ricoh GXR plus one single module costs more. The Fuji X100 costs at least $200 more, the Leica X2 costs twice as much, and yet a compact fixed lens camera with a completely proprietary sensor is too much at $1000? The Fuji X100 has that awesome hybrid EVF, but the Ricoh doesn't, and neither does the doubly expensive Leica.

Some assortment of cameras. All have their motivation for a higher than normal price. The main motivation for Sigma is the sensor. Maybe that motivation is enough to sell at $999.

I will support Sigma by buying this and the DP1M. I have loved my DP1 and DP2 for years and the images I get from them are uniquely attractive. If only they were weatherproof! My only real gamble is the hope that SPP will give me that special Foveon look that I love.

Yes, there are some supporters.

But - do this camera sell to non fans at that price? We will never know really as Sigma never tells the world their sales figures. We can only see the amount of images at image sites and here. Not a reliable measure.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dp1MNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow