My First X100 Experience: Worth the Wait!

Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Summit_pg
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
My First X100 Experience: Worth the Wait!
Jun 29, 2012

I finally managed to save up enough money for a second camera to my Nikon D700. I purchased a Fuji X100 three weeks ago when our local store got it in stock. Believe it or not, this was the first X100 sold locally; none of our stores had stocked it prior to now.

That aside, I was able to adjust to the camera quickly. The build quality is great and the viewfinder is awesome. I upgraded to the newest firmware as soon as I purchased the camera. Coming from my experience with the D700, I can attest that the autofocus under the newest firmware is excellent...no problems for me...it feels very snappy.

I went for a quick one week holiday to Vancouver last week. Instead of taking the D700, lenses, flashes, tripod, and so on, I decided to bring only the Fuji X100 and a Gorillapod. I could not be any happier with the decision. I was able to get photos that I would have never even thought of attempting with my D700. I only took the Gorillapod when needed, so most of the time I simply through the X100 in the pocket of my cargo shorts. Love the camera, its really versatile! Some example photos are below!

Summit_pg's gear list:Summit_pg's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow