D800 back from El Segundo with worst case senario

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
primeshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,911
Like?
Re: D800 back from El Segundo with worst case senario
In reply to tashley, Jun 29, 2012

tashley wrote:

Mr Primeshooter, you are a gentleman! So many people with good copies of the camera seem keen to tell those with bad copies that they are imagining it! Thank you!

primeshooter wrote:

jpnikon wrote:

My sympathy.

But you are not alone. I got mine back from Melville, didn't notice any improvement of left focus, but center a little bit front focus now.

But we are lucky, another guy got camera back with a lot of dirt in viewfinder.

When did you both buy your bodies? I got mine a few days ago and it's perfect, after some paranoid testing when I got it. Sad to hear about this, hope you get it sorted.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, I believe the problem exists but find it hard to believe that everyone on this forum has a problem. There will be plenty of people who don't know how to focus saying it's broke when it's fine, from what I am reading alot of newbies have bought it because it's "36 megapixels - wow!"

However, the problem had me "worried" I tested it about 10 mins after I opened it I put a 24mm on it. It's sad, because it's never a thing I would have done before but I wanted it 100% functional. Glad it is. Centre perfect, both laterals are perfect - BUT you notice the lens isn't as sharp there, just a tiny bit, wide open you notice it. But focus is fine. I was a tiny bit worried when I got it, but now a week in, tones of shots it feels like the D700's daddy. It's not locked up, mis focused (except when I've messed up) or anything. It's textbook 100% functional nikon and I'm pleased.

I know Nikon will come through but they need to help folks with the issue. It's a camera that is pushing boundaries far, so it's to be expected. Just glad mine works but I feel bad for the folks not getting their fix. I'll be watching how this turns out closely.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow