My X100 first impressions

Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
caerphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 89
Like?
Re: My X100 first impressions
In reply to Mauro.B, Jun 28, 2012

Mauro.B wrote:

The Ricoh Grd can't really be beaten with "uncooperative" subjects, even if its IQ lags compared to today's standards (think V1).

Yeah it's a little rough, but in a way it kinda suits the kind of street photography I do with it (example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caerphoto/6725531053/in/photostream/lightbox/ ).

Your comments are more or less good, except the EVF: I cannot stand when it freezes during focusing. I cannot understand why Fuji did not bother to correct focus freezing, given that also the X-Pro 1 shares that "feature".

Hmm, now that you mention it, yes, although perhaps it's because I've mostly used the EVF for static subjects that I've not really noticed.

On EVF, I have to add that with the X100 there is roughly a 1/5 second lag between what you see in the EVF as you press the shutter and the actual image recorded. Curiously, with the X-Pro 1 such EVF lag is double.

That would be a good reason to use the OVF for things that require a fast response - portraits, perhaps. It's also better for seeing details in e.g. faces.

-- hide signature --

—Andy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow