I think I know why B&H is not shipping my D800

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Firstlight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,925Gear list
Like?
Re: I think I know why B&H is not shipping my D800
In reply to J. Bach, Jun 28, 2012

A few weeks ago I cancelled the D800E I ordered at 5:30am the night of the announce (2/7). As the months passed I strongly suspected that B&H was doing just that and its terrible they didn't tell us. I would recommend anyone that has an 800E on order from B&H cancel it and order from some alternate non-NPS priority shop. I got my D800 (and I love it!) within 3 days after cancelling my B&H order from BestBuy.com. I decided the delta between the D800 and E models were far too slight even for the large prints I make - they just require a little sharpening in post to achieve the same results with fewer worries about morie in stills and video - no matter how infrequent.

I'll never order a product that could go to NPS members first from B&H or any other shop that gives NPS continuous queue priority ever again.

Nikon and B&H are at fault; if they want to give NPS members priority they should do it directly from Nikon and if not, then the shops should be transparent about the fact us non-NPS customers are a second rate and our place in the queue is constantly subject to be pushed down in favor on NPS member - even for NPS orders that come in months after you've placed and order.

Good luck getting an 800E from B&H in 2013 - quite unlikely for the vast majority of non-NPS orders.

Mike

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow