Continuation of 'What's YOUR FF cost v benefit?.

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonas ar
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Re: trivia
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Jun 28, 2012

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

You may have to resort to that, because from what I gleaned, Steve McCurry may not actually remember what lens was used.

We've all been there. Especially shooting in highly emotionally charged situations.

I've heard it was the 105, or the 180, but I also read a quote from him in which he was being evasive in a way that made it seem like he didn't really know for sure. It makes no real difference, because the shot speaks for itself and has for generations now, but it still would be an interesting piece of trivia to pin down.

Definitely.

I'll see what I can do.

According to wiki it was the 105. This is the reference: http://www.gloryman.com.tw/prod_pic_show.php?id=4888&pic=0

He is currently exhibiting more than 100 large prints in Copenhagen, Denmark, and gave a talk at the opening. The Afghan girl was photographed inside a tent in rather dim light (1/60th or thereabouts). It is impressively sharp even at close-up inspection of the large print displayed at the exhibition considering this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow