ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baddoch
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
7D / D7000 / K30 Thoughts?
Jun 28, 2012

Hi

I’ve used Panasonic bridge cameras for several years and now and in good light, got some decent results. I want to take my photography more seriously so have decided to take the plunge and go DSLR. I used SLRs many (many) years ago and have borrowed friends DSLRs recently.

I’m not tied to a particular brand and have no lenses.

My thoughts are to buy a good body with a 'travel' lens 18 – 200/300 or so. That would get me going and I can take it on holiday with the minimum fuss and enjoy the flexibility and convenience bridge cameras offer, and over time buy better quality glass for photography projects. I understand the IQ limitations of that type of lens and will put up with it for a start.

I don’t really have a specific type of photography in mind and tend to carry my camera in the car or laptop carrier just in case.

I’ve narrowed things down to a Nikon D7000, Canon 7d, Pentax K30. The first two are strongly tipped for replacement soon, while the Pentax has yet to be reviewed.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cheers

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow