Changing direction of Wacom brush size wheel in OSX

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,142
Like?
Re: Never mind, got it
In reply to Peter Rongsted, Jun 28, 2012

Peter,

What you do is, after going to the data wheel settings in the system prefs panel and selecting the offending function, you select "keystroke", which it's already on, but this brings up a new window. This enables you to change it to send any keystroke with the wheel movement for this function, even though one wouldn't think this is a time to be sending macros. There are upper and lower boxes for entering the keystrokes, but first you have to hit the "clear" button or else what's already there stays too, you can't back delete it. Each box has a "bracket" keystroke in it, [ and ] , so I made note of which they were and cleared the boxes and re-entered them reversed. This did the trick. Cutting and pasting doesn't work because it enters the command in the box instead of doing it.

What's really strange, and I just tested it to make sure, is that since I couldn't find any older Wacom drivers on my drives with just a cursory check, I kept downloading older and older drivers from the site, before I figured this out, thinking one of them would surely just put it back the old way (and I always deleted all Wacom files with the uninstall utility before re-installing). But even going older beyond the driver I had been using, every install was the same: different drivers, data wheel reversed for brush size, even though I never changed it from the original install a few years ago. Weird.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow