Have 16-85mm. Sell 18-105mm?

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bjorn_L
Senior MemberPosts: 4,457Gear list
Like?
Re: Have 16-85mm. Sell 18-105mm?
In reply to Nystagmus, Jun 28, 2012

Nystagmus wrote:

Hey fellow shutterbugs - I recently purchased a D7000 with the kit lens (18-105mm) for a really good price (that's the reason why I went for the body + lens package). I also have the 16-85mm, which I understand to be a superior lens to the 18-105mm.

I'm thinking of selling the latter so I can buy say the 55-200mm lens which will give me more versatility in terms of range. What do you guys think? Just wanted to check with you guys just to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

I appreciate your input!

Both have their fans. I owned both and kept the 16-85vr. Slightly better over all, plus a more useful range. I paired it with a 70-300vr as my main two lenses (along with some special purpose primes for low light, macro & portrait).

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow