To all my peeps - want to talk about motivation?

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimread
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
RPS distinctions
In reply to Bob Tullis, Jun 28, 2012

In Oct last year I sold my LX3 to Jill Willis ARPS, she came to collect the camera and explained about her RPS distinction, these run from LRPS to ARPS and finally FRPS.

A few days later I decided that I would have a go at an L and spent the next five months making and getting a lot better at making Cyanotype prints, I had to start again twice because I got better at it. I went to an RPS advisory day and then to the RPS HQ in Bath for my ten prints to be assessed on the 13th June, I'm pleased to say that I was successful.

I am now working on my ARPS and I have to produce 15 prints, 'playing to my strengths' and producing 'a body of work' as one of the advisors put it, I will take a year over it. What doing this has done for my photography is incalculable I know now that I can produce prints within the Visual Art genre that I work in that are very good indeed and have the qualification to prove it.

I would recommend this to anyone keen to have their skills recognised with a world respected distinction and I will help anyone in my small way on the road to their own success, please send me a message through the site.

Jim Read LRPS

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow