DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
SandyF
Forum ProPosts: 14,875Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th
In reply to ulfie, Jun 28, 2012

ulfie wrote:

Roland, I realize that. But I don't enjoy spending lots of computing time with imaging. I appreciate good jpeg engines, if one can call them that, ones that help me capture things as I see them without resorting to a lot of post-processing time and energy. Other photogs' mileage/kilometrage may vary though.

I don't enjoy post-processing either, but I always, always shoot RAW. Why? I found years ago that RAW converted to JPEG gives me much better results than simply in-cam JPEG. More fine detail is visible in the finished photo. I can cite examples and think I have some online.

BTW, this is true on all cameras I've used, not just Sigmas (lately Canon 5DII ...early on with it in January I did some studies and can see quite plainly the RAW conversion as better than in-cam JPEG).

I've found that I don't need complicated RAW conversion extra software either... I simply use the manufacturers' RAW conversion programs... SPP for Sigma and DPP for Canon. Takes me just a couple seconds per photo. I hope that the DP2M output isn't notably more difficult to process than DP1/DP1/my other SDx cameras.

You can always shoot RAW+JPEG if you really want instant JPEG.
Personally I've turned that off in cameras that have it, just shooting RAW.
Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current)

SandyF's gear list:SandyF's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sigma SD9 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dp1MNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow