Fuji fans get......

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,566
Like?
Ah! - the Pentax Q
In reply to Katsunami, Jun 28, 2012

The Pentax Q is much maligned.

I have to admit that I do not own one and have only a passing interest in ever doing so. Not my cup a tea. Nor might it be any mass market tearaway.

It is more Qute and sophisticated and quite an accomplishment by Pentax. Hats off in respect even if it is not desired.

But what we must remember is that Ricoh's expertise over the past umpteen years has been in making high resolution copier lenses. It seems no accident that Ricoh make great macro capabilities into their lenses.

If any company has been developing expertise in making high quality miniature lenses it must be the photocopier companies.

So if the Q mount system could rise above it's despised tiny sensor to something that would cause less laughter around the water cooler then Ricoh might be the company to design and make little jewel-like lenses for it.

Just a thought.

I have completely no idea just how large a sensor the Q mount might accommodate.

For instance putting a Q mount in a GXR module might give a whole lot more legroom to play with. A larger sensor would also reduce the crop factor considerably - depending on the sensor.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow