what message are canon sending to nikon?

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jkjond
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,564
Like?
what message are canon sending to nikon?
Jun 28, 2012

Canon have released a firmware update to their three yr old 7D.

I don't suppose it really changes anything for the one or two of us out here awaiting nikon's new DX to end all DXs. My extremely limited research suggests that the 7D is a better cropped sensor camera than anything Nikon have to offer, and they've just made it better. OK, I don't read reviews, and I'm not bothered about debating if the best nikon DX is better or worse - its a big enough debate in itself as to which nikon DX is the best. There is no clear winner.

But nikon need to end my cynical view that they are going all out on getting us to switch to FX by neglecting those of us who were keen to buy their class leading D300 some years ago.

So will nikon now release a firmware upgrade to a 7000 or 300 to stall competition - or will they give us something real. (Taps foot in bored anticipation.)

If I were a spiteful person I'd upgrade to a 5 III (which purely on a balance of features and file size has to be the most desirable FX body out there for me right now - but the financial hit in new lenses for any FX pin my hopes to a killer nikon DX for the time being).

Come on Nikon, you can do it, everyone has listed their desires for what features we want - though to be honest, if you just copy the spec form the 7D but put it in a nikon case I'll be happy. You're a firm 2nd to the big C right now.

-- hide signature --

UK wedding photographer in the Lake District
http://www.johnleech-weddingphotography.co.uk

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow