DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joerg V
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Landscape hiking tour: >12 hours, raw development <2 hours...
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Jun 28, 2012

One thing to add that mostly applies to the DP1 with its very sharp 28mm focal range which yells "made for landscape". Landscape usually means that you need to get to the scene... by car, by foot which boils down to: you are investing time.

Some of my pictures are the result of a 12 hour mountain hiking trip (+ one additional hour of car driving). After sorting the lemons out, this leaves maybe 30 okayish, 20 good and 10 great images.

RAW development takes less than one minute per okayish picture, two minutes for a good picture and maybe three minutes for a careful processing of each great image. That an increase of roughly 13% in total time.

Don't you think that those strenuously aquired pictures deserver a proper post treatment? If it was a finished and cooked image that I am after, I would buy a postcard.

Isn't that very passion for the image and the effort you invested to create it what's so great about photography?

Cheers

Joerg

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dp1MNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow